..with the women's center went very well. I am super excited to go back! One of the ladies in my group is from Kenya and she and her husband just moved to the states a year ago, and they are both college educated but cannot get jobs above minimum wage because of their limited English. Such a cool couple... and their daughters are SO smart; they are teaching their parents English and all about America, because they are growing up in it ya know? Anyway, it really made me realize how much I miss LCOT. Not all the drama or madness of it, but the PEOPLE. People like that couple. I am so glad that I had the experience of working there...
Anyway I won't be tutoring this week, because it is Turkey Day week, and we are busy busy! I think I am going to eat turkey... ohhh... 4 times? Thats ok with me though! Mom and Dad came in this past weekend to see our house and hang out, and I am glad they did, we had a good time. We went to eat at Reata's, which is in downtown Fort Worth. Oh and then Sunday we went to dinner with new friends which was so nice... it was us and 2 other married couples. They are really cool and I hope we can hang out with them more. woo hoo for new friends (and boo for living far away from old ones) Ok, thats all I got. I'm gonna post some pics of the office, which I painted this weekend, and the dining room....soon. So be ready for that fools.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sounds like y'all are settling in! Maybe when we get settled, you could help me get into volunteering. I would love to help, but have never known how to get started.
Post a Comment