I miss pine trees. Really, any tall trees. Don't get me wrong, it's pretty out by our house... you can see hills in the distance and the sunset is gorgeous like every night, but there is something about tall trees... Maybe I am just missing my family's land out at the lake:



These were obviously taken in the fall. At thanksgiving actually. We haven't been out there since then. I know that's not a long time, but I have spent like have of my life on this land. Not kidding. Maybe I am just pouting because all the trees here look all sad and bare in the winter, while the pine trees in East Texas are always green. Plus it doesn't make it any better that we only have 4 little baby mesquite trees in our backyard and NO trees in our front yard. Oh, and those little measly trees have THORNS. What the hell is up with that? I will be planting a live oak in the spring. Damn straight. Oh, and if you live in the pineywoods of East Texas and think it's nothing special, drive out a little west of Fort Worth and you'll see what I mean.
By the way, yes that is a bench in the middle of the woods. My mom likes to put benches and swings in random places in the woods. You'll be walking down a trail mindin your business and there's a swing hanging from a tree in the middle of NOwhere. Pretty hilarious.
That's all!

3 comments:
i love this post b/c it's about as close to sappy as whitney gets on these things. :-) and by sappy i mean sweet and reflective and wonderful! i love those pictures and it made me miss home, too.
I hear ya about missing East Texas! The lots in our neighborhood are SO TINY that our dogs are getting claustrophobic (sp?)! The pics you posted are PURDY! I like the idea of finding a bench or swing in a random place. That's cool.
I completely understand how you feel! Any time I leave east Texas, no matter how much I despise the mindset in this area, I always miss the trees. I'm always SO glad to see them again when I get back.
Post a Comment